Monday – Friday
7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. –
1650 Holloway Ave.
Business Office, C-134
San Francisco, CA 94132
Richard Oakes Multicultural Center (ROMC) Senior Office Assistant
Class II, Step 1 - $10.85/hour
up to 20 hours to be arranged per week
-This is a student position-
Anticipated Start Date: 07/23/2012
- Serve as liaison between the Culture and Arts Program Manager and Student Center departments.
- Process and maintain schedules, attendance, and payroll records to assigned staff and departments.
- Order and maintain office supplies; prepare and process purchase requisitions according to approved procedures
- Disseminate program/event information and schedules to staff as necessary to assure effective coordination of department or program functions.
- Prepare and type rough drafts, letters, reports, memoranda or other correspondence.
- Brainstorm with Culture and Arts Program Manager to design programs that meet the mission and goals of ROMC
- Collect and compile data and other information for inclusion into periodic reports; Revise schedules, reports, records, and other information as necessary.
- Attend weekly meetings with ROMC Culture & Arts Program Manager, library staff and interns
- Monitor and keep track of expenditures related to the ROMC departments; project budgetary needs and make adjustments, as needed; assist in the process of developing the ROMC’s annual budget
- Review and proof documents for accuracy, completeness and conformance to applicable rules and regulations.
- Train and provide work direction and guidance to others as assigned.
- Disseminate written materials and provide information orally to SFSU department representatives, faculty, students, and staff to promote ROMC programs and events.
- Perform secretarial and clerical duties; answer phone calls/communicate with student organization(s)
- Assist the Culture and Arts Program Manager with reviewing ROMC pending room requests
- Coordinate the programming logistics of various on and off-campus individuals to ensure effective program outcomes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operate a Macintosh computer to enter and retrieve data, and generate reports. MS Word and Excel software programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to prioritize and handle projects/assignments, work independently, meet deadlines while providing excellent professional service to clients.
- Must be enrolled at SFSU with a minimum of 6 units; must be available to work during the summer.
- Ability to establish & maintain cooperative working relationships with diverse students, faculty, staff, Student Center Governing Members, vendors and contractors
- Willingness to learn and grow beyond one’s current state of cross-cultural awareness
- Excellent ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Thorough understanding of the mission and vision of the ROMC
- One year of previous office experience.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Basic knowledge of social justice/civil rights struggles of marginalized groups strongly.
- Research and/or marketing skills.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter to include the position you are applying for, a resume and a Student Work Availability Form to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134). If you need assistance in writing a cover letter and resume, you may contact SF State Career Center at www.sfsu.edu/~career.
You may go to http://www.sfsustudentcenter.com/about/jobs.php to obtain a Student Work Availability Form, or to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134).
For more information please contact Dr. Francine Shakir, Culture & Arts Program Manager for the Richard Oakes Multicultural center at (415) 405–0700.
Technical Services Student Manager
Technical Services Assistant Manager
Information Technology Technician
Audio Visual Technician
Art Gallery Manager
Art Gallery Assistant Manager
Art Gallery Assistant
Graphic Design Sustainability Intern
Media Relations Intern