Monday – Friday:
8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
1650 Holloway Ave.
Business Office, C-134
San Francisco, CA 94132
Richard Oakes Multicultural Center (ROMC) Senior Office Assistant
Class II, Step 1 - $10.85/hour
up to 20 hours to be arranged per week
-This is a student position-
Anticipated Start Date: 07/23/2012
- Serve as liaison between the Culture and Arts Program Manager and Student Center departments.
- Process and maintain schedules, attendance, and payroll records to assigned staff and departments.
- Order and maintain office supplies; prepare and process purchase requisitions according to approved procedures
- Disseminate program/event information and schedules to staff as necessary to assure effective coordination of department or program functions.
- Prepare and type rough drafts, letters, reports, memoranda or other correspondence.
- Brainstorm with Culture and Arts Program Manager to design programs that meet the mission and goals of ROMC
- Collect and compile data and other information for inclusion into periodic reports; Revise schedules, reports, records, and other information as necessary.
- Attend weekly meetings with ROMC Culture & Arts Program Manager, library staff and interns
- Monitor and keep track of expenditures related to the ROMC departments; project budgetary needs and make adjustments, as needed; assist in the process of developing the ROMC’s annual budget
- Review and proof documents for accuracy, completeness and conformance to applicable rules and regulations.
- Train and provide work direction and guidance to others as assigned.
- Disseminate written materials and provide information orally to SFSU department representatives, faculty, students, and staff to promote ROMC programs and events.
- Perform secretarial and clerical duties; answer phone calls/communicate with student organization(s)
- Assist the Culture and Arts Program Manager with reviewing ROMC pending room requests
- Coordinate the programming logistics of various on and off-campus individuals to ensure effective program outcomes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operate a Macintosh computer to enter and retrieve data, and generate reports. MS Word and Excel software programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to prioritize and handle projects/assignments, work independently, meet deadlines while providing excellent professional service to clients.
- Must be enrolled at SFSU with a minimum of 6 units; must be available to work during the summer.
- Ability to establish & maintain cooperative working relationships with diverse students, faculty, staff, Student Center Governing Members, vendors and contractors
- Willingness to learn and grow beyond one’s current state of cross-cultural awareness
- Excellent ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Thorough understanding of the mission and vision of the ROMC
- One year of previous office experience.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Basic knowledge of social justice/civil rights struggles of marginalized groups strongly.
- Research and/or marketing skills.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter to include the position you are applying for, a resume and a Student Work Availability Form to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134). If you need assistance in writing a cover letter and resume, you may contact SF State Career Center at www.sfsu.edu/~career.
You may go to http://www.sfsustudentcenter.com/about/jobs.php to obtain a Student Work Availability Form, or to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134).
For more information please contact Dr. Francine Shakir, Culture & Arts Program Manager for the Richard Oakes Multicultural center at (415) 405–0700.